Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Teledyne Brown Engineering is seeking a motivated mid-level Laboratory Technician to contribute in a team environment operating laboratory equipment, administrating processes, and performing basic maintenance of specialized radiological gas analysis equipment. Systems on which the technician will work include gas chromatographs, vacuum systems and pressure measurement equipment, and radiological gas separation and measurement equipment.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
• Operation of main laboratory processing equipment. Follow written laboratory procedures and technical manuals to accurately record data from received environmental air samples, perform gas separation, and process samples in multiple laboratory sections.
• Analyze and report measurement results obtained by specialized radiological counting instruments.
• Perform calibration and basic preventative maintenance routines.
• Communicate data findings to management and technical staff.
• Track inventory usage and notify personnel as inventory needs arise.
• Maintain good laboratory housekeeping standards.
• Knowledge of safety policies and applicable environmental, health, and safety standards. Consistently perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
• Perform End-of-Day Safety/Security procedures.
• Complete all work assignments with a high level of personal accountability, teamwork, initiative, and quality.
• Aptitude for operating specialized laboratory equipment.
• Ability to follow and clearly communicate written technical procedures.
• Meticulous attention to detail with strong organization and time management skills.
• Interpersonal and communication skills as a team member for daily interaction with other laboratory areas.
• Independent thinking and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
The Laboratory Technician must satisfy these minimum requirements:
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.