Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc., located 15 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading provider of custom power systems and gas generation solutions based on proprietary fuel cell, battery, electrolysis, Stirling and thermoelectric technologies and staffed with a group of highly talented professionals. As a supplier of products and engineering services for demanding land, sea and space applications (including the Mars Curiosity rover power system), we offer exciting opportunities for energetic, self-motivated team players looking for challenging opportunities to start or grow their careers. We offer training and growth in both technical and program management tracks, and give our staff the opportunity to write papers, attend conferences and contribute to the extended technical community. We also have an excellent benefits package. Join our team and power your future with a company on the move.
Teledyne Energy Systems is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work under the direction provided by Technical Operations Manager in a low volume production environment focused on process development, process documentation, tool design, and equipment purchases.
· Develop comprehensive work instructions and documentation packages used by assembly personnel to manufacture primary and secondary batteries.
· Provide “hands on” process development, lean work area layouts, equipment procurement, tool design, and continuous improvement efforts as they relate to process enhancement and yield optimization.
· Prepare and present technical presentations to customers as it relates to product line issues.
· Assist assembly personnel with technique required to perform assembly operations and perform minor assembly equipment repair; some routine "hands-on" assembly work may be required
• Must have a B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering Technology with a concentration in mechanical or mechatronic systems
• 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to interact with various departments and good verbal and written communication skills
• Creative thinking, self-motivating, problem solving skills and a desire to remain current with emerging technologies required for position
Must be a United States Citizen and be eligible to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.