Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed
Purpose Statement: Obtains required materials in a timely manner to support the demands of the Manufacturing Department at Teledyne ISCO by requesting bids, negotiations or verbal communications.
1. Purchases assigned commodities for the operation of Teledyne Isco as economically and expediently as possible by requesting price quotations, placing purchase orders and expediting.
2. Solicits and reviews quotations through competitive bidding by preparing, submitting and analyzing data.
3. Monitors expedites and schedule changes by compiling data on the vendor performance report and reviewing performance with vendors on a quarterly basis.
4. Assists in forecasting by being aware of current market trends on availability of materials and pricing to resolve potential problems before they affect continuity of supply.
5. Frequently makes decisions by analyzing the compiled data in identifying qualified, reliable and financially sound vendors who can provide quality material on a timely basis.
6. Maintains cooperation with vendors that supply and serve Teledyne Isco by conducting all company business in a professional, business-like, and highly ethical manner in accordance with current law.
7. Expands the number of qualified suppliers in a given commodity whenever possible by interviewing potential suppliers and analyzing their ability to be a viable supplier.
8. Coordinates and develops plans for inventory turnover by monitoring lead times, consolidation of purchases and having suppliers carry inventory for responsive delivery requirements.
9. Occasionally makes decisions on overages, shortages and defects. Compiles necessary information to return items to vendors when required and maintains data in Tab Fusion.
10. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information by observing all procedures regarding privileged information.
11. Maintains excellent relations with all in plant customers by cooperating in a business manner with all departments to accomplish the overall goals of the company.
12. Compiles data and posts information on the purchasing history cards and records receipts from vendors.
13. Coordinates with Accounting Department to resolve discrepancies of purchase orders and invoices by analyzing information and correcting data so accounting is able to match invoices to purchase orders and issue payment.
14. Obtains checks from Accounting Department for purchase orders requiring prepayment, by preparing "Check Request" forms and sending to the Accounting Department so they will issue checks.
15. Maintains a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and maintaining area a directed.
16. Assists in achieving the goals of Teledyne ISCO by performing duties as assigned.
Requires Associate’s degree or equivalent combination education and experience.
Excellent communication skills needed to work with people both inside and outside the company.
Physical and Mental Demands:
1. Excellent oral and written skills required to communicate with people both inside and outside the company.
2. Able to handle stress and make decisions in a fast- paced work environment.
3. Constant sitting for long periods of time.
4. Regular repetitive fingering for keyboard entry of purchase orders, quotes, debits and any other forms used in the Purchasing Department.
5. Constant close visual work required to compile, analyze, compute, copy and compare data.
6. Regular standing, stooping and bending required to pull or file purchase order history cards, purchase orders and miscellaneous forms used in the Purchasing Department.
7. Occasionally required to lift up to 40 lbs. to bring items to shipping, load printer with purchase order forms or fill supply cabinet in the Purchasing Department.
8. Frequent use of the telephone required to communicate by talking or hearing both inside and outside the company.
9. Travel to vendors and other facilities may be required occasionally.
10. This person is subject to inside environmental conditions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.