Teledyne SeaBotix is the world leading manufacturer of the underwater remotely-operated vehicle (ROV), Little Benthic Vehicle (LBV) & Vectored Little Benthic Vehicle (vLBV). The Little Benthic Vehicles, a continuously advancing underwater platform, can perform a multitude of tasks including maritime security, search and recovery, hull and pipeline inspection, hazardous environment intervention, aquaculture, and beyond dive-restriction oceanographic research.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those email and telephone inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Under moderate supervision performs aftermarket mechanical and electrical repair, maintenance and support of underwater remote operated vehicles (ROVs) by way of testing and troubleshooting to determine root cause failure of the product. This position may also interface directly with the customer to help resolve issues and to coordinate returns. This individual is responsible for ensuring the proper work flow, testing and repair of customer returned materials in-house. Required to maintain and report customer estimates and actual labor/part usage accurately and ensure proper ESD procedures are adhered to.
Essential Job Functions
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• AA Technical Degree, Diploma from a technical or vocational school or completion of military technical training program.
• Requires frequent standing, sitting, lifting & carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional walking, twisting & bending at the neck/waist, stooping or kneeling, pushing/pulling and lifting up to 70lbs (with assistance).
• Requires clear vision and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
• Repetitive movements of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
• Ability to reach below and above shoulder level.