Designs and manufactures RF and microwave cascadable amplifiers and integrated assemblies for signal processing equipment operating in the 100 kHz to 20 GHz range. Cougar's newest products include VCOs, frequency mixers, threshold and analog detectors, frequency doublers, IQ networks, power dividers and switches. Cougar also manufactures limiters, limiting amplifiers, attenuators, and automatic gain control amplifiers.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Reporting to the Business Unit Controller, the Accounting Manager supports local management and division finance by preparing and analyzing revenue, cost of sales and job cost transactions.
- Ensure revenue and cost of sales is recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP (i.e., ASC 606) and corporate policies;
- Prepare month-end journal entries to record revenue, cost and appropriate accruals;
- Maintain key performance indicators reporting;
- Prepare weekly revenue and gross margin forecasts using inputs from operations, including impact of ASC 606 revenue recognition;
- Ensure project costing is complete, accurate and reconcilable to consolidated books and records;
- Prepare monthly financial reports, summaries, variance analyses, and commentary as required to support management;
- Analyze financial results and be able to explain significant variances to operational management;
- Preparation of Progress Payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field;
- 10 years’ experience in general accounting and/or cost accounting in a defense contract manufacturing environment;
- Understanding of ASC 606 and ability to maintain and reconcile over-time and point in time revenue, backlog and inventory;
- Experience implementing and maintaining a SOX-compliant internal control structure;
- Understanding of MRP, standard costing and job costing;
- Familiarity with CAS and FAR as it relates to manufacturing accounting;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- U.S. Citizenship.