Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Customer Service Manager will report directly to the company controller and shall coordinate the production accounting cycle from accurate order entry into ERP to shipping logistics with emphasis on compliance. The primary responsibility is to ensure orders are processed promptly and accurately with outstanding communication among production manager, inventory control, global logistics manager, finance department and our customers to ensure an optimum customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive, review and process incoming purchase orders which includes; reviewing account status, transportation method(s), part number/price accuracy, and payment terms
• Process Inventory movements to sales and service personnel (departmental purchase requisitions)
• Coordinate with Materials Control Manager on inventory stock availability
• Lead coordinator of communication between service, production, materials control & customer expectations for all orders
• Email order confirmations; Email invoices and credit notes to representatives and customers, as requested.
• Assist in the gathering of customer information for new accounts.
• Maintain customer files for accuracy: address, terms, contacts, ship-to locations, including resale certificate exemptions
• Answer customer emails/phone inquiries and update customers on ship dates/revisions and logistics
• Provide backup to Global Logistics Manager by obtaining shipping charges; creating, printing and reviewing of shipping documents; and, gathering of export information for file documentation
• Coordinate all demos/tradeshow orders with sales and production teams
• Generate weekly/monthly reports as needed
• Manage order processing personnel
Skills and Specifications
• Excellent math skills, including spreadsheet preparation
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
• Excellent planning, coordination of multiple tasks, and negotiating skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, foreign languages a plus
• Good judgment, honesty, integrity, and ethics
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Education and Qualification
• Four year college degree or its equivalent
• Relevant recent experience as a production coordinator within a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or other similar ERP software
• Experience creating and maintaining reports in Word and Excel
• Experience coordinating orders, P.O. and timing of customer payments
• Experience in shipping compliance for import/export