Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance.
TBE has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to support the modeling and simulation of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
The job location is at Schriever AFB, CO.
Candidate will be responsible for developing software using C++ and/or C# programming languages on Windows operating systems in an agile team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Design, develop, test, document and integrate simulation products to model various BMDS elements capabilities.
• Assist in the development of simulation and software architectures.
• Interfacing with customers and presenting technical briefings to stakeholders.
***This position requires an Active Security Clearance. ***
Requires a B.S. Computer Science or engineering degree in a program which includes extensive courses in computer science, plus approximately five (5) years relevant experience. An MS degree may be substituted for up to two years’ experience. A PhD degree may be substituted for up to five years’ experience.
• Recent development experiences in C++ and/or C# programming languages.
• Strong understanding of object oriented software development.
• Design skills should include the use of UML, and tools such as Enterprise Architect or Rational Rose.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows.
• Candidate must be able to work both independently and in a team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
• Knowledge/experience in several of the following: missile defense domain knowledge, command and control, and modeling and simulation development.
• Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic and/or conservative discrete event simulation platform
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.