Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Produces machined parts from a variety of materials and ensures a high standard of quality is maintained by setting up and operating an assortment of machining equipment and by inspecting parts for conformance to print specification. Adheres to all Isco Inc policies and procedures with particular attention to performing work in a safety conscious manner.
Supports Isco’s Operating Principals by interacting with fellow employees as valued individuals, promoting teamwork and a unity of effort, and by embracing change as an opportunity for implementing innovative ideas and personal growth.
2. Performs set up operations on Computer Numerical Control (C.N.C.) machines and on conventional Lathes and Mills by obtaining the correct paper work and tooling, installing tooling in the machines and by cycling individual tools through the process making offsets as needed in preparation for the production run, and by performing work in a safe and organized manner.
3. Produces parts to specifications by operating Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machines and conventional Lathes and Mills, and by monitoring tooling for wear and performance, and adjusting tools or replacing them as required, and by ensuring all process having to do with manufacturing of parts in and / or around the work-center are done with a heightened level of awareness for safety.
4. Maintains quality of manufactured parts by performing in process inspection in accordance with ISO 9001 process control procedures and work instructions, utilizing a working knowledge of Geo-metric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and by performing machine adjustments in keeping with print specifications.
5. Maintains and / or improves production efficiency by selecting proper speeds and feeds during set-up of conventional machine tools, and by suggesting modifications for improvement of existing programs on CNC machines.
6. Maintains operational status of machines by performing routine machine maintenance and by monitoring condition of machine and reporting any repairs needed.
7. Assists in achieving the goals of Isco by performing other duties as assigned.
Machine Tools Power Tools Hand Tools
Conventional Lathes Re-tapper Micrometers
Conventional Mills Hand Drill Calipers
CNC Lathes Speed Lathe Bore Gages
CNC Mills Belt Sanders Height Gages
Surface Grinder Drop Gages
Job Requires ability to adjust machines or equipment by replacing or altering a variety of tools and/or attachments to prepare them to perform their functions, change their performance, or restore their proper functioning if they break down. the job also requires using body members and/or tools to work, move, guide, or place objects or materials in situations where the ultimate responsibility for the attainment of standards occurs. Tasks require considerable judgement.
Job is classified as Light Work. Exerts a negligible (slight) amount of force constantly to operate tools and to move objects. Occasionally required to lift loads of up to 35 pounds, and regularly required to stand to perform the job.
Visual Ability Requirements:
Involves using tools and gauges to manufacture and inspect parts.
Working Conditions Worker will be Subject to:
Noise which is consistent with a machine ship environment, subject to vibrations caused by hand held power tools or machine tools being operated, may be exposed to chemicals generally used in the cleaning process, occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dusts and mists which are consistent with a machine shop environment, and will regularly be exposed to cutting oils and/or water soluble coolants used in the machining process.
In-depth knowledge in the set-up and operation of either conventional lathes or mills. Working knowledge in the set-up and operation of CNC machines.
Demonstrated ability to produce parts on a production basis to tolerances of +/- 0.0025 from a variety of materials ranging from stainless steel alloys to plastics.