Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
PURPOSE: Assist management in meeting production schedules by supervising, training and coordinating the activities of a group of people involved in various machining operations of production parts to meet a predetermined production schedule.
1. Assist management in maintaining a predetermined production schedule by supervising, training and coordinating activities of assigned subordinates; expediting work schedule by establishing work procedures and assignments to appropriate subordinates; ensuring required production hours are attained per work center; ensuring work of subordinates is performed at satisfactory production rates, conforms to print specifications and is cosmetically acceptable; initiating corrective measures when needed through the use of problem analysis reports; notifying Department Manager when problems in achieving the schedule arise.
2. Ensure production methods and procedures are upgraded by reviewing prints and preparing routing documents when necessary and recommending the purchase and/or fabrication of tooling and fixtures.
3. Maintain a high level of productivity, quality, and morale among subordinates by careful supervision including hiring and termination recommendation, training, work assignment, resolution of grievances, disciplining, performance evaluation, and recommending salary increases.
4. Facilitate system integrity by certifying all subordinate time sheets and accurately completing & verifying all entries made on other documentation.
5. Provide for an organized work environment by maintaining personal work area in a clean and orderly condition.
6. Facilitate a safe working environment by complying with and enforcing all company, state, and federal safety and health rules and regulations.
7. Assist when necessary by performing other related duties which may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Good technical knowledge and experience with all types of machining operations.
Associates degree in Machine technology or the equivalent experience required.
Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
Must have good communication skills. Must be personally motivated to achieve company goals
Job is classified as medium work. This job requires occasional reaching, pushing, and pulling. Job also requires regular fingering, occasional talking, and hearing.
Work is performed in an inside environment. Normal machine shop noises and occasional exposure to fumes, odors, dust and mists, which are consistent with a machine shop environment.
Work requires the ability to coordinate, analyze and compute information. Requires the ability to mentor, negotiate, instruct and supervise