Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Develop, improve, and maintain optical thin processes to support Teledyne’s products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
•Develop and optimize optical thin film deposition processes to meet requirements. This includes but is not limited: identifying evaporation or sputtering conditions, calibrating thickness controllers (quartz crystals for example), developing/identifying appropriate optical monitoring strategies, familiarity with most optical coating materials and their domain of application, identifying and/or executing maintenance schedules for reliable equipment operation, training technicians, developing new optical coatings, implementing process control methodologies, technique, or equipment, tracking process performance using SPC and correcting escapes.
•Position is familiar with typical optical testing such as spectrophotometry, stress measurements, environmental testing, and laser damage.
•Position is responsible for process availability (minimum down time), process performance, and promoting and implementing sound data-based process improvements.
•Drive the introduction of new products into production from process development to full production and profitability
•Lead the investigation and resolution of thin film optics production issues.
•Assume a leadership role in the implementation and execution of process control functions such as SPC and FMEA
•Manage the development and maintenance of manufacturing documentation
•Provide technical support and training to product line technicians
•Process documentation and technical reports as appropriate
• Proficiency in all of the following areas is required: optical thin film deposition, optical monitoring, high vacuum technology, optical measurements, process controls and monitoring
• Understanding of optical thin film design
• Hands on experience in manufacturing operations and an understanding of manufacturing documentation and quality practices is required
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment and to interact with process line technicians and design engineers is essential
• Experience in SPC and six sigma techniques is highly desirable
• Computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
• Ability to work weekends and evenings when needed for workload.
• No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work, in the lab, or in a production environment.
• Consistently displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices.
Physical and Mental Activities and Requirements
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Education/ Certification/ Licenses/Registrations
• BS degree in Engineering or Science with 9+ yrs relevant experience.
• M.S. Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
• Clearance required