Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
1. Purchases assigned commodities for the operation of Teledyne Scientific Systems Inc. as economically and expediently as possible by requesting price quotations, placing purchase orders and expediting.
2. Solicits and reviews quotations through competitive bidding by preparing, submitting and analyzing data.
3. Monitors expedites and schedule changes by compiling data on the vendor performance report and reviewing performance with vendors on a quarterly basis.
4. Assists in forecasting by being aware of current market trends on availability of materials and pricing to resolve potential problems before they affect continuity of supply.
5. Frequently makes decisions by analyzing the compiled data in identifying qualified, reliable and financially sound vendors who can provide quality material on a timely basis.
6. Maintains cooperation with vendors that supply and serve Teledyne Scientific Systems Inc. by conducting all company business in a professional, business-like, and highly ethical manner in accordance with current law.
7. Expands the number of qualified suppliers in a given commodity whenever possible by interviewing potential suppliers and analyzing their ability to be a viable supplier.
8. Coordinates and develops plans for inventory turnover by monitoring lead times, consolidation of purchases and having suppliers carry inventory for responsive delivery requirements.
9. Occasionally makes decisions on overages, shortages and defects. Compiles necessary information to return items to vendors when required and maintains data to SMEAD.
10. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information by observing all procedures regarding privileged information.
11. Maintains excellent relations with all in plant customers by cooperating in a business manner with all departments to accomplish the overall goals of the company.
12. Compiles data and posts information on the purchasing history cards and records receipts from vendors.
13. Coordinates with Accounting Department to resolve discrepancies of purchase orders and invoices by analyzing information and correcting data so accounting is able to match invoices to purchase orders and issue payment.
14. Maintains a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and maintaining area a directed.
15. Assists in achieving the goals of Teledyne Scientifc Systems Inc. by performing duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands: