Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
The Electrical Compliance Engineer works with limited direct supervision on moderately complex new product development projects and is technically proficient in the field of electronic and electrical design, but has limited professional design experience. Provides expertise and conduct advanced, experimental, and/or analytical research in the field of product Regulatory Compliance, including but not limited to North American (Canada & United States) and European regulations for Teledyne ISCO's scientific field and laboratory instruments. Work requires a broad knowledge of and application of worldwide Regulatory Compliance laws and regulations to the development of and continued production of Teledyne ISCO's products. This individual must be able to work with Product Development Engineering Teams as well as offsite testing agencies such as, but not limited to, Canadian Standards Association, Underwriters Laboratory, DEMKO, Baseefa, and Factory Mutual.
1. Design and develop cost effective moderately complex new products in a timely manner. Apply circuit design concepts and firmware development concepts to those designs.
2. Identify opportunities to apply off the shelf solutions to circuit designs and to firmware designs.
3. Develop documentation of projects: drawings, BOM's, schematics, software flow charts, manual input, etc.
4. Develop test specifications on products and assist the product support engineering function develop test procedures and fixtures.
5. Travel as required for product testing, vendor/customer visits, and to attend trade shows, etc.
6. Assists in achieving the goals of Isco by performing other duties as assigned.
7. Provide the Product Development Team (PDT) and Manufacturing Engineering accurate data for either pre-compliance testing or self-certifying tests to meet product and regulatory specifications.
8. Maintains, Stores and assumes the responsibility for ISCO-Lincoln’s regulatory compliances documentation. This includes but is not limited to, Project management correspondence with internal and external development teams, test reports from internal pre-compliance testing and external certifying agencies, and keeping up to date on all relevant regulations.
9. Serve as a technical specialist in the application of existing and new regulatory compliance laws worldwide.
BSEE with 3 - 6 years professional experience or an advanced degree with 0 - 3 years professional experience. Preferably, experience should be in the field of electro-mechanical product design using imbedded micro-processors. Experience in microprocessor design and programming as well as digital logic is required. Eight years relevant additional experience is required in lieu of a degree.
Requires occasional standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, walking, manipulating, pushing, pulling, tending, and feeling. Requires frequent negotiating, instructing, speaking, persuading, fingering, talking, grasping, hearing, and operating-controlling.
Requires the ability to synthesize, coordinate, analyze, compile, compute, compare, negotiate, instruct, persuade, and speak.
Requires regular exacting mental and visual effort, and concentration. Requires the visual abilities sufficient to properly identify colors, and meet the visual abilities required for machine operators (without inspection).
Job will normally be performed in a combination of an office, laboratory, and factory setting.
PC running Excel, Word, software development tools including compilers, linkers, and debuggers, and scheduling software.
Products manufactured by the Environmental Division.