Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In cooperation with the Manager of Global Trade Compliance, administer and improve export and trade control compliance at the Mountain View site. This includes:
- Classification: Ensure all products and technology in the business are identified and classified, marked accordingly and maintained in a classification registry.
- Licenses: Ensure licenses are in place for relevant products and technology in accordance with laws and regulations, including submitting license applications via BIS SNAP-R and DDTC DTrade. Ensure licenses and related correspondence are adequately documented and maintained.
- Risk Assessment: Perform periodical assessments of risk of violating laws and regulations relating to exports and global sanctions. Report risks to Manager Global Trade Compliance and ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate the risks.
- Awareness: Assist with developing and conducting trade compliance training for employees.
- Legal developments: Stay abreast of export compliance global laws and regulations relevant to the business and liaise with the Manager Global Trade Compliance as required.
- Audit: Perform periodical audits/self-assessments on the export compliance policies & procedures, report deviations to management and coordinate corrective actions. Annually, self-assess adequacy of export compliance framework.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders, external freight forwarders/brokers and export control authorities across multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide Export Control support to all areas of the business, including Supply Chain/Procurement, Internal Sales/Marketing/Business Development, Engineers, Information Technology, and Program Management teams.
- Work independently on basic projects and under limited supervision on more advanced projects. Identify and resolve a wide range of complex problems in imaginative and practical ways. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.