Teledyne Relays’ mission, vision, and value statements have never really changed in principle since 1964. Dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships – Teledyne Relays is EveryWhereYouLook!
We are looking for the assistance of a Maintenance Mechanic 1 for our Automatics Department.
* Set up, repair and maintain high precision assembly machines and related equipment
* Cross train (learn functions and trouble-shooting methods) on each machine to continue to build knowledge and skills
* Work with manufacturing or process engineering, perform skilled trade work/repairs or periodic inspection of equipment, exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views
* Uphold assigned job duties, prioritize workload, develop realistic action plans while keeping quality in mind and meet productivity standards
* Promote a harassment-free work environment and work towards achieving organization's goals and objectives
* Any additional duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required, maintenance mechanic certification preferred
* Minimum 1 year related previous experience in the maintenance mechanic field for equipment/machinery.
* Learn company policies & procedures while observing safety procedures to complete routine tasks - requiring limited judgement - little to no sole decision-making
* Normally receives detailed instructions on all work - working under close Supervision.
* Good communication skills necessary: to gather and provide feedback to Supervisor in a timely manner regarding any assistance needed or service requested, ask questions as needed and respond tactfully to others
* Ability to read, understand and utilize drawings/schematics provided, and ability to work with hand tools
* Will occasionally be required to talk/walk/sit/stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl/push or pull/have good distance & peripheral vision, be able to distinguish colors and determine depth. Will occasionally be required to lift/carry up to 50lbs. May be occasionally be exposed to vapors/fumes, airborne particles or chemicals. There is a moderate level of noise, including vibrations.
* Will frequently need to stand, climb or balance, in addition to frequently having to listen/hear and adjust focus of vision
* Will continuously work near moving mechanical parts or have contact with moving mechanical equipment
* Candidate must be a U.S. Person.
NOTE: Relocation is not offered as part of the position listed above.
Teledyne Reynolds, Inc., dba Teledyne Relays, may at its discretion modify or add further job duties not currently listed in this job general description.
How to Apply:
Eligible internal applicants that have been employed at least 6 months with Teledyne may apply for any available position. You must inform your current Supervisor/Manager of your interest, then contact Human Resources for the internal link. Refer to req#2018-6073.
Qualified external applicants go to the Teledyne Career Center at: http://teledynecareers.com to apply to Maintenance Mechanic 1 (requisition #2018-6073).
TELEDYNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation & gender identity, national origin, disability including pregnancy, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. EEO is the law.
Teledyne participates in the E-Verify program and upholds the Pay Transparency Policy.
If you require reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please inform Human Resources at (323) 777-0077.
Learn more about us at www.TeledyneRelays.com.