Teledyne Relays’ mission, vision, and value statements have never really changed in principle since 1963. Dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships – Teledyne Relays is EveryWhereYouLook!
We are looking for the temporary assistance of an entry level Product Finisher (Plater) to support the Plating department objectives by operation of non-complex clean process specifications.
* Candidate is needed to maintain production requirements on a daily basis - to plate and clean components per process specifications (degrease and header & cover and diode cleaning lines)
* Make up acid and alkaline including rinse waters daily - maintain process bath levels, while following safety protocols
* Perform housekeeping and administrative duties as needed, for example maintaining logs for production control (temperature, filter and chemical usage)
* Report any issues to the process control lab and supervisor
* Candidate will work on assignments that are routine in nature and will receive detailed written or verbal instructions on all work.
Other non-essential functions may apply.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
* Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions/short correspondence.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Must have 6 months -1 yr of previous plating experience.
* Perform inspection of work to ensure compliance to quality and customer specifications.
* Experience using a micrometer, pulse power supply, XRF thickness tester, drum pump and computer.
* Must preform maintenance of equipment and adherence to policies and procedures to comply with safety/environmental requirements.
* PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Candidate must be able to stand frequently. Occasionally walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; Occasionally be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* VISION REQUIREMENTS: Requires close vision (clear vision 20 inches or less), and be able to distinguish and identify colors.
* WORK ENVIRONMENT: Candidate will be occasionally working near moving mechanical parts, and frequently exposed to chemicals (safely below occupational exposure levels); moderate noise levels
* Candidate must be a U.S. Person.
Note: Relocation is not included with this position
Teledyne Reynolds, Inc. dba Teledyne Relays may, at its discretion, modify or add further duties not currently listed in this general job description.
This is a full-time temporary opportunity with one of the world's innovative leader in manufacturing Electromechanical/Solid State Relays and Power Controllers, High Power Coax Switches and RF Switching Systems, located in Hawthorne, California.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. EEO is the law.
Teledyne does participate in E-Verify and upholds the Pay Transparency Policy.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call (323) 777-0077, option 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Relays requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.