Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
The Deputy Program Manager will support Astronomy & Earth Observation programs within the Teledyne Imaging Sensors (TIS) Program Office, including organizing interdepartmental (Engineering and Manufacturing Operations) activities to ensure completion of the program on schedule and within budget from project initiation through delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Will assist with cost, schedule and technical performance of National and Commercial Space programs and projects
• Work with Program Managers(PM) to develop program plans (resource loaded schedules and budgets) and tracks using earned value metrics
• Collaborates with Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Supplier Management and Contracts in the execution of various TIS programs
• Provides exceptional customer service and support to TIS customers by assisting PM's with ensuring customer performance and contractual commitments are met and program assets are effectively managed
• Interacts with technical internal personnel and external customers in all matters including contracts, finance, accounting and procurement
• Assist Program Managers with meeting financial targets (revenue, profit) of assigned programs
• Frequently works with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for tracking and reporting of data Marketing, Business Development and
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
Education and/or Experience
• B. S. (M.S. preferred) in Physics, Engineering or Science with five (5) years of experience in high technology.
• Experience with managing multifaceted projects or programs involving unique and/or complex problems
• PMP certification a plus
• Experience or certification in EVMS a plus