Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is a leader in a wide range of technologies protecting the human eye and electro-optical sensors from laser damage. These include advanced optical filters for laser hardening of sensors, high performance laser eye protection devices (including spectacles), switchable liquid crystal filters for sensor protection, and optical power limiters. Teledyne Imaging Sensors has extensive capabilities to design, fabricate, and test laser hardening technologies
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Focal Plane Process Engineer will work with backend assembly and packaging engineering teams to lead process development and maintenance of assembly processes and documentation for manufacturing of HgCdTe, III-V SLS, Si HyViSi, and InGaAs sensor chip assemblies (SCAs). This position will require a strong background in manufacturing of flip chip bonding and assembly of infrared sensor arrays, dicing and polishing II-VI and III-V semiconductors, as well as a demonstrated ability to develop advanced manufacturing techniques. The role requires strong communication skills and close interaction with semiconductor processors to develop improved SCA fabrication processes. The ability to work closely with a team and motivate others to develop new and advance existing manufacturing technology is highly desired. Additional responsibilities include understanding detector and focal plane data and developing design of experiments (DOEs). Strong technical writing and communication skills will be required to write whitepapers, proposals and technical reports, as well as support customer reviews. The Focal Plane Process Engineer is responsible for day-to-day duties including technical leadership in SCA manufacturing, providing manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests by the manufacturing line, leading development projects by training and guiding technicians. The Focal Plane Process Engineer will be involved in all phases of backend SCA fabrication from idea creation, participation in proposal preparation and submission, and backend SCA fabrication monitoring.
• Develop and maintain polishing, dicing, bonding and hybridization processes and documentation for manufacturing of HgCdTe, III-V SLS, Si HyViSi, and InGaAs SCAs.
• Lead investigations and resolve process issues in the manufacturing area.
• Support and troubleshoot processes associated with assembly of delicate semiconductor components, polishing, dicing, diamond point turning, die attach and flip chip bonding/hybridization.
• Documenting detailed work instructions and travelers for production processes.
• Lead or participate in cross functional team engagements to resolve process or product issues.
• Present analysis or key findings of process areas to internal or external customers
• Develop and implement innovative approaches to reduce cycle time, increase throughput while improving process yields and product costs.
• Maintain repeatable and reliable manufacturing processes while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
• Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
• Design, conduct and report experimental data
• Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
• Research and purchase new manufacturing technology.
• Applicant must have a proven track record of process engineering success in high-tech environments requiring expertise in dicing, diamond point turning, bonding and hybridization of HgCdTe, III-V SLS, Si, and InGaAs semiconductor materials.
• Proven understanding of process discipline in a multi-program environment.
• Keen understanding of SPC, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, and DOE methodologies.
• Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis.
• Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions.
• Applicant must have proven record of being effective in improving processes, increasing quality, and reducing costs while using six sigma or other lean manufacturing methods.
• Applicant must have experience with ISO quality systems and requirements of space qualified programs.
• Minimum 10 (plus) years related work experience, preferably in semiconductor chip manufacturing and implementing enhancements to production processes are required.
• Effective communication and technical writing skills; able to communicate ideas, concepts, and plans across multiple levels.
• BS or above in Engineering or related fields.
• MS or PhD preferred
No Clearance Required, SSBI greatly preferred