Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy, and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Plans, creates, and maintains integrated master schedules for technical and research programs . Serves as a liaison between program management, and the business office, as well as manufacturing, to manage program schedules. Performs the planning, scheduling, and monitoring of one or more simple to complex programs, projects, or proposals in accordance with contract requirements. At this level, tasks and assignments tend to be complex and non-routine, requiring greater expertise, and duties are performed under very limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
• Utilizing MS Project, Primavera, or similar software, creates and maintains program/project baseline and interim schedules to include activity, cost and resource planning and control.
• Monitors and reports on degree of conformance to plans and schedules, including the determination and monitoring of the critical path(s) to ensure on-time delivery
• Identifies potential schedule issues, determines possible work-arounds/solutions, and brings to the attention of the program management
• Prepares written communications for Program Managers and customer representatives
• Maintains and updates the budget and cost data in the schedule and reports variances to supervisor.
• With limited program management supervision, interfaces directly with Program Engineering, Procurement, Quality, and Manufacturing; obtains planning requirements and updates. Secures/verifies requisite information and uses to maintain the schedule.
• Acts as liaison between project management, design, engineering and fabrication.
• Prepares formal documentation on schedule status and progress on a weekly or monthly basis to be delivered to the customer
• Proficiency in MS Project
• Knowledge of and conformance to scheduling best practices
• Experience with schedule health checking tools, including analysis of results and mitigation of issues found
• Experience with schedule risk analysis tools, including analysis and presentation of results
• Working knowledge of Earned Value Management processes and reporting
• Experience with NASA program lifecycle and scheduling is a plus
• Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and work well with little direct supervision.
Education and/or Experience Associate's degree (AA / AS / AAS) from two-year college or university in a related field and minimum of 10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.