Teledyne Advanced Electronic Solutions provides innovative technologies and successful program solutions to the aerospace, defense, space, and high-tech industries. With an established pedigree of over 50 years, we leverage our experience and broad spectrum of capabilities to provide our customers with a new level of full-service design, manufacturing, and test solutions. Our world class manufacturing facilities, along with experienced team of technical experts will assure your program will be successfully finished on time and on budget. From circuit card assemblies to complex microelectronics, to box level assemblies, we are uniquely positioned to build the most complex and challenging manufacturing needs.
Under limited supervision, performs product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Performs sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials and packaging line and manufacturing inspections. Inspects and tests product manufactured or processed by suppliers to ensure conformance to requirements and specifications. Identifies material and processes as Conforming or Nonconforming. Writes reports of findings for review. Enters required data into system. Tasks may include complex and/or non-routine assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Analyze and interpret drawings, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
• Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications which may include mechanical, electrical and/or chemical inspections.
• Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
• Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
• Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
• Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
• Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
• Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
• Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
• Prepare first article reports and enter required data into computer
• Document inspection findings and complete rejection reports.
• Ensure raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards.
• May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated.
• May assess draft and final label copy, utilizing knowledge of labeling regulations
• Minimize down time by reducing production rework and recalls.
• Follow established process/procedures for discarding or rejecting products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Vocational or Technical Certificate or some college level courses in related field, minimum of 10 years of experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in a directly related field.