Teledyne Advanced Electronic Solutions provides innovative technologies and successful program solutions to the aerospace, defense, space and high-tech industries. With an established pedigree of over 50 years, we leverage our experience and broad spectrum of capabilities to provide our customers with a new level of full-service design, manufacturing and test solutions. Our world class manufacturing facilities, along with experienced team of technical experts will assure your program will be successfully finished on time and on budget. From circuit card assemblies to complex microelectronics, to box level assemblies, we are uniquely positioned to build the most complex and challenging manufacturing needs.
Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products to clients. Monitors project completion from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections. Manages client relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
Develop and implement activities to meet goals, quality and cost objectives. Selects, develops and leads personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the Program Management function and develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Prioritizes schedules based on multiple factors and customer requirements. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines critical methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel. Tasks and assignments tend to be complex, non-routine and/or require a greater level of expertise. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Duties are performed under limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
• Responsible for managing the implementation of specific customer contracts involving complex computer-based systems and/or government contracts.
• Plans, directs, controls and coordinates financial as well as engineering activities for the program(s), and for achieving financial and technical objectives.
• Define operational direction and institute remedial action(s) in order to satisfy customer requirements while achieving project specific sales targets/goals; gross margin targets; percent delivery on-time; bookings targets/goals; and customer satisfaction.
• Monitors program from project initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters.
• Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the program on schedule and within budget constraints.
• Assess status and risk, generate recovery plans and meet customer expectations and business objectives.
• May support new business proposals.
• Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies by providing leadership to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals to ensure production goals are met within organization goals of budget, time requirements and high level of quality.
• May supervise lower level supervisors and/or professional staff and may supervise semi-skilled nonexempt employees which include some or all of the following: assemblers, technicians, machinists, welders, operators and clerical support, providing guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
• Ensure that departments within the organization reach goals within budget and a high level of quality.
• Interacts with subordinates and/or functional peer groups regarding exchange or presentation of information.
• Determines work schedules and overtime (if applicable) and allocation of resources and equipment. Resolves problems as they occur.
• Pursues new ways to improve the efficiency of production. Develops, plans and administers procedures. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Coordinates, develops and implements standard operating procedures for functional area.
• Manages the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
• Confers with department supervisors or leads to determine status of assigned projects.
• Prepares reports.
• Identifies obstacles to achieving business goals and provides solutions or seeks assistance.
• Ensures the working environment is clean, organized and safe for employees at all times. Understands and ensures staff complies with all safety and environmental policies and practices.
• Works to avoid erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results that may cause scrap, rework, use of excessive overtime, and/or delays in schedules.
• Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations.
• Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project/schedules.
• Establishes operational objectives and assignments to subordinate managers. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation and are involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have companywide effect.
• Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
• May be tasked to change the thinking, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
• Manages the activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods and employees.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret various business documents, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to prepare and effectively present information and response to questions before groups of customers or employees of organization.