Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Business Development Director will execute the business development activities primarily in support of the Energy and Environment business unit. This BU focuses on government and commercial business in the nuclear, chemical, and advanced energy markets as well as Chemical, Biological, Radioactive and Nuclear business opportunities. Business development support to the Geo-spatial, Mission Systems, Space, Maritime Systems, and Manufacturing business units may be provided on interdependent opportunities on a time available basis. Efforts required include seeking out new business opportunities that align with core services and product lines and growing business in the Department of Energy nuclear and advanced energy and National Nuclear Security Administration markets.
The Business Development (BD) Director will:
• Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans intended to increase business and capture new Energy and Environment opportunities with the U.S. Department of Energy, DoD agencies, other federal government agencies, and commercial product users. Primary focus for this position is sustainment and expansion of U.S. Department of Energy business.
• Be involved in strategic marketing and operations planning.
• Possess full knowledge of the corporate capabilities portfolio and collaborate with those entities to increase customer base and maximize sales potential.
• Have responsibility for contacting potential customers and marketing products.
• Have responsibility for defining opportunity fit with TBE Strategic and Business Plans and presenting opportunities to TBE senior management.
• Recommend, initiate, and coordinate overall Business Development strategy, planning, communications and execution at the business unit level.
• Support proposal development including providing approval Gate presentations and recommendations to TBE senior management.
Education and Experience:
Must possess a minimum of BS in business, engineering or related technical discipline plus twenty (20) or more years of combined DOE/DOD/Government and private sector/industry experience. At least eight years of professional experience in business development, business / project management, financial/contractual tracking and reporting.
• A strong understanding of the U.S. government acquisition, budgeting, and requirements processes is essential.
• Requires Commercial or DoE Nuclear Experience
• Individual must be sensitive to emerging client requirements and be able to formulate a response to those requirements.
• Ability to prepare marketing material and brief information to potential customers. Understanding of U.S. Government and commercial proposal requirements.
• Must have a working knowledge of the Department of Energy and Department of Defense to include different Office and Program areas, Commands, as well as Governmental organizations such as NASA, Department of Homeland Security, and Congress.
• Demonstrated experience and success in business opportunity identification, qualification and pursuit.
• Must possess the ability to identify, understand and match clients’ needs to company capabilities related to engineering, systems integration, hardware development and manufacturing, test and evaluation and hardware interoperability.
• Candidates shall have experience developing strategic plans and marketing engineering and manufacturing services and/or military products.
MS or MBA desired, but not required.