Responsible for the research, development, design and testing of new products. Focus areas include various aspects of electro-mechanical design, laser technologies, analog, digital, power, firmware, controls, sensors, and robotics.
- Design, prototype, test, and release laser ablation sampling instrumentation for use in biological, geological, and industrial applications in accordance with customer specifications.
- Research new technologies to determine feasibility and cost of implementation
- Plan, complete and document projects in a research/design environment
- Coordinate with manufacturing to transfer new designs into production
- Support production and field service personnel in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of electrical issues
- Source replacement electrical components due to shortages or end of life parts
- Exhibit professional conduct with a high level of integrity.
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and relating field.
- Experience with analog and digital electronics circuit design.
- Experience working with schematics and printed circuit board layout.
- Experience releasing printed circuit boards for production manufacturing.
- Experience in electrical wiring, soldering, and troubleshooting.
- Circuit emulation design software and circuit board layout software expertise, or similar circuit design tools, Altium preferred.
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems while applying planning and organizational methods.
- Ability to drive change, and to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects.
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable of MS Office products including PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word