The EH&S/Facilities Manager will be responsible to maintain and improve the current EH&S management systems at the specified sites and lead the sites to excel in the areas of accident free culture, waste elimination and regulatory compliance. Will interact with all departments, various regulatory agencies, and Teledyne Corporate EH&S team. This position reports directly to the VP of Operations and is responsible for EH&S and Facilities at our City of Industry, CA as well as EH&S at multiple sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
~90% - Environmental, Health & Safety Management (Multiple Sites)
- Maintain and improve as needed the EH&S Management System, including EH&S programs and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines; Teledyne Corporate EH&S policies, procedures, initiatives; and Industry Best Practices.
- Ensure compliance and accountability for conformance to the EH&S Program by all site personnel, visitors and contractors through appropriate awareness level and task-specific training
- Facilitate the Site EH&S Council in support of the EH&S Management System and serve as a technical resource to this Council
- Work closely with site leadership to ensure continual improvement and compliance with all EH&S activities in support of the EH&S Management System.
- Drive World-Class EH&S Performance through sustaining and improving as needed the Comprehensive EH&S Inspections & Audits Program and a Robust Incident Investigation Process along with effective preventive and corrective actions.
- Oversee the Site Security Process, Security Plan, and Emergency Planning and Response Process.
- Maintain and administer facility hazardous waste management program.
- Build on the Behavioral-based Safety Culture with a focus on Safety as a Core Value within the Site
- Lead/facilitate a site-wide audit and inspection strategy, utilizing both internal and external resources, to identify work hazards and exposures. Provide oversight and guidance to the Site Audit and Inspections Team to determine trends and action plans for remediation, preventive, and corrective actions.
- Audit the quality of incident investigations to ensure appropriate root cause and mistake proof solutions are implemented throughout the facility. Advise the leadership team and line management on corrective action and hazard mitigation. Participate in site investigations, as required.
- Train various departments of the facility on EH&S regulations and their responsibilities, the recognition of hazards and risks, and completion of incident investigations.
- Develop and maintain Green Initiative program to enhance our position as a leading environmentally conscious organization.
~10% - Facilities (City of Industry, CA site):
- Manage the facility including setting and managing performance to budget, responsibility for capital expenditure projects, and performance of Facilities tasks, goals, and training.
- Analyze and oversee the operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings
- Manage all maintenance activities, internal and external, including yard maintenance, and janitorial contracts.
- Supervise work crews, internal and external, on large jobs (e.g., moving and installing large pieces of equipment).
- Monitor the work of all repairmen to ensure that quality work is completed and that all safety precautions and procedures are observed.
- Manage other facility responsibilities as assigned.