The Regional Supply Chain Leader will hold a key sourcing and procurement role within the Global Environmental CBU which has combined annual revenues of $500M. Specifically, this role will have high visibility with multi-site responsibilities for manufacturing locations in the Pacific region. These responsibilities will cover the development, delivery and ongoing governance of sourced commodity strategies, optimized procurement processes and the management of the planning and procurement functions to meet customer order fulfillment requirements. This will require an understanding and previous experience of MRP processes, demand management and fulfillment strategies, reporting & operating within matrixed structures in a multi-national business setting, direct management and leadership of senior supply-chain professionals and active participation/leadership in the out-sourcing, in-sourcing and re-sourcing of highly engineered and regulated commodities such as Metals, Electronics & Sensors.
The Regional Supply Chain Leader will also be involved in overseeing purchasing activities of products and services consistent with procure to purchase (P2P) processes and policies as well as supporting budget development and attainment through activities that create or maintain compliant & efficient cost effective sourcing and procurement policies.
- Participate in monthly SIOP demand meetings and provide timely input for execution of supply reviews. Translate demand plan to level-loaded master schedules factoring supply, resource and any machine constraints.
- Coordinate with internal & external stakeholders to address demand and supply issues. escalate with the suppliers as required to mitigate delivery/availability, quality and cost challenges and handle customer service inquiries
- Oversee master schedule and overall schedule attainment for all sites in the pacific region. Identify opportunities for improvement and streamline processes.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers, assess their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements, conduct vendor audits in collaboration with other departments.
- Improve supply chain flow processes by contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working between supply chain stakeholders, presenting continuous improvement recommendations, championing innovative solutions to simplify processes and standardize operating procedures in order to achieve MWC targets
- Meet materials requirements, manage material flow, and to plan/prevent factory stock outs while managing and minimizing inventory requirements and improving service levels
- Evaluate deliveries, and product levels to improve inventory control procedures. Implement inventory management strategies (Kanban, VMI, parameter management) to optimize inventory turns- minimize excess & obsolete inventory
Margin Enhancement- Operations Excellence
- Drive value in supply chain/ total cost of ownership sourcing initiatives through early engagement, commercial and market knowledge to improve gross margin.
- Execute procurement strategies across a variety of categories to drive sustainable competitive advantage and concentrate spend with preferred vendors
- Provide proactive communication of project status, budget, issues, and risks to internal and external customers
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of Ivalua (S2P tool) and serve as an escalation point to resolve problems within the Purchase to Pay process, e.g. troubleshoot incorrect orders, invoices, payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Leverage S2C strategic tools to conduct additional sourcing events including eSourcing, RFx, auctions as well as execute contracts
- Manage release of Engineering Change notices; Review and approve engineering documentation through the release process
- Work across the organization with different stakeholders including engineering and repair from the field to continually evolve our approach to providing quality and on-time service
- Utilize performance management and talent development process to coach, develop and build a strong, diverse team with forethought around succession planning.
- collaborate with cross functional teams (Finance, HR, Operations, commodity mgmt.) and business unit leadership to implement margin enhancement initiatives that guide the organization profitability and enhancement competitive advantage.