Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Responsible for (planning, scheduling and monitoring) the movement of materials and returns through the production cycle to determine required materials needed to complete a job. This position develops specifications for new contract orders, evaluates vendor reliability, and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. The job is further responsible for timely planning inventory control of material as assigned, and performing the following duties under minimal supervision, independent decision making in company policy framework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
• Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
• Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
• Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, collaborating with management, sales, production or engineering.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
• Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
• Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
• Prepares purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
• Works closely with Programs Department in preparing timeline of product.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related positions and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.