Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Under limited supervision, use hand welding and flame-cutting equipment to weld together metal components and parts or to cut, trim, or scarf metal objects to dimensions, as specified by layouts, work orders, or blueprints. Using appropriate welding technologies, produces welded assemblies from a variety of materials. Tasks tend to be of moderate to complex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions by using TIG, MIG, ARC, brazing, and/or soldering as appropriate.
• Prepares components for weldments by cleaning, grinding, cutting and/or fitting parts.
• I-Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
• Monitor the quality of fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material. Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
• Layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
• Fabricates weldments and assembles special fixtures, tooling and site furnishings when required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may provide technical leadership to lower level welders including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with applicable regulations and laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems.
High School or Vo-Technical Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. Welding certificate or trade schooling preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position required. Demonstrated ability to read and understand all drawings, written instructions, shop math and measuring equipment required to perform the job.