Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy, and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Under limited supervision, performs product inspection and/or audits of quality assurance programs. Performs sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials and packaging line and manufacturing inspections. Inspects and tests product manufactured or processed by suppliers to ensure conformance to requirements and specifications. Identifies material and processes as Conforming or Nonconforming. Writes simple reports of findings for review. Enters required data into system. Tasks and assignments tend to be general but may involve complex and/or non-routine assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Analyze and interpret drawings, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
• Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications which include mechanical, electrical and/or chemical inspections.
• Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
• Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
• Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
• Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
• Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
• Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
• Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
• Prepare first article reports and enter required data into computer
• Document inspection findings and complete rejection reports.
• Ensure raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards.
• May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated.
• May assess draft and final label copy, utilizing knowledge of labeling regulations
• Minimize down time by reducing production rework and recalls.
• Follow established process/procedures for discarding or rejecting products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Vocational or Technical Certificate in related field and a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in a directly related field.