Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
The Senior Technical Specialist will perform Senior level manufacturing engineering tasks on complex hardware and systems under strict quality systems on DOD, DOE, NASA and
Tasks include part master, BOM and router entry into our MRP system, creation of work
instructions and shop routings for harness/cable, enclosure and chassis fabrication and
assembly work based on drawings and/or models, Quality and Contract requirements.
Additional tasks include:
Drawing review and approval
Fixture and tooling design
Author SOW’s and process specification
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services
• Supports production and provides technical knowledge for the successful completion of products in compliance with Engineering drawings and quality standards.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Recommends and implements process improvements that will enhance manufacturing, quality and reduce cost of parts and assemblies.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods.
• Specify and/or design tooling fixtures, special machinery, and equipment to facilitate the manufacture of parts and assemblies.
• Perform failure analysis to determine root cause and apply appropriate problem solving methods.
• Interfaces with design engineering on product designs.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.