Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Under limited supervision, receives, stores, and issues equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, or tools, and compiles stock records in stockroom, warehouse, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices, and examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
• Stores articles in an orderly and accessible manner in bins, on floor, or on shelves in warehouse or other areas, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
• Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
• Performs kit pulls and/or fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
• Cuts stock to size to fill order. Moves, transports or distributes stock or supplies to other department and/or among production workers.
• Maintains inventory and other stock records utilizing company software.
• Monitors minimum and maximum stock levels and initiates purchase requisitions as required.
• Tracks and verifies accuracy of inventory, counts and location, by physically counting and identifying inventory within specific locations. Investigates discrepancies or adjusts errors.
• Controls issuing/receipt of inventory from/into stocking locations by following prescribed processes and handling procedures. Includes material identification, counting, transporting and packaging for end user or storage.
• Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
• As directed, performs cycle counting and/or periodic physical inventories and maintains inventory records.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may provide technical leadership to lower level stockroom clerks including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with applicable regulations and laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems.
Education and/or Experience
Technical Certificate or Associates Degree preferred and a minimum of 10 years of experience,
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.