Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Responsible for analyzing, designing, modifying, developing, writing, testing, and implementing software programming for user applications. Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Writes software code and completes programming for graphical user interfaces, and may write firmware for embedded processes as required
• Performs design, analysis and verification testing of a functional component (e.g. software module, embedded software module) for new product design
• Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, debugging, and certification of software
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
• May perform systems modeling, simulation and analysis in designing compilers, assemblers and utility programs
• Advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that may affect software systems
• Provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs
• May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
• Briefs others on deliverables, status and progress
• Provides application support to other departments and personnel as needed
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• May prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
This position is for a motivated software developer who desires to be part of a small team of other developers and engineers on a new and challenging maritime project. This position will involve software requirements development, design, code and test. Hands-on with real hardware, such as developing software to interface to maritime sensors, will be part of the task. Any work done writing autonomy software is a plus, but not required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 0-2 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate must have experience as a C++ programmer using the Linux operating system. A good knowledge and understanding of software design concepts and implementation techniques is required.