Responsible for (planning, scheduling and monitoring) the movement of materials and returns through the production cycle to determine required materials needed to complete a job. This position develops specifications for new contract orders, evaluates vendor reliability, and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. The job is further responsible for timely planning inventory control of material as assigned, and performing the following duties under minimal supervision, independent decision making in company policy framework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, collaborating with management, sales, production or engineering.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- Prepares purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work.