Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
The Mechanical Designer will support Space Systems and cover a variety of space and defense projects. The Designer, in cooperation with the Project Lead Engineers, will develop designs for spacecraft, spacecraft components, mechanical ground support equipment, tooling, structural steel stands and fixtures. The Designer must be able to work in a collaborative team environment, with other designers and analysts. The Designer must be capable of presenting and defending designs and analysis to the customer, at a high level, and must also be able to work with other companies/organizations in development of design products. The qualified candidate will be capable of frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques.
The candidate should understand production, budget, manufacturing limitations in product development. Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced and challenging technical environment.
• BS Degree in an engineering/technical discipline
• 5 yrs minimum experience developing designs for complex structural items and assemblies for spacecraft components and tooling
• Experience working with manufacturing organizations to produce the design products
• Solid modeling experience with CREO CAD system/ PTC Windchill
• Experience developing Bills of Material for hardware production
• Experience with program preliminary and critical design reviews
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including ExMechanicel, Office, PowerPoint, and Word
• US Citizen
• Prefer Mechanical Engineering degree with experience in metallic and/or composite structural design, manufacturing and production support.
• Prefer advanced degree
• Professional Engineer certification, or willingness to obtain
• Hands-on experience developing/producing flight hardware and structures
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance