Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Evaluates, selects, places, and expedites assigned procurement contracts or portions of a procurement contract of high complexity, diversification or expense. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. At this level, tasks and assignments tend to be complex, non-routine and/or require a greater level of expertise and duties are performed under very limited supervision. May coordinate activities of other personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
• Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
• Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
• Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
• Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
• Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
• Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
• Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may provide technical leadership to lower level buyers including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with applicable regulations and laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.