Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Teledyne Brown is seeking an entry level Buyer to evaluate, select, place, and expedite assigned procurement contracts or portions of a procurement contract of limited complexity, diversification or expense.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
• Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
• Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
• Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
• Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
• Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 2 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.