Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Under minimum supervision, set up, program, and operate all types of CNC machinery that automatically mills, punches, drills, broaches or reams metal and/or plastic parts. Make adjustments to adhere to established specifications or to correct faulty programming. Make decisions as to quality, tolerances and operation sequence. Tasks and assignments include the complex and non-routine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Program, set up, and operate CNC machinery independently. Perform prototype work from detailed specifications. Exercise considerable care of equipment, tools, parts, machines, and materials to prevent damage.
• Plan, layout, fabricate, and assemble the most complex production machined parts and highly complex prototype research and development machined parts.
• Interpret drawings, route sheets and other specifications to ascertain nature of assigned work orders. Determine own work procedure of assigned number of pieces, types of metal, types of machines, tools and attachments, speeds and feeds, tolerances and sequences of operations. Exercises considerable judgment, ingenuity, initiative in the planning, layout and performance of all assignments.
• Compute accurate mathematical dimensions needed to manufacture parts of a complex nature. Use precision measuring instruments.
• Perform quality machining of various types of materials as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may provide technical leadership to lower level CNC Machinists/Machinists including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with applicable regulations and laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education including vocational training. Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of machine shop experience that include machine programming. Ability to use shop mathematics, drawings and measuring tools.