Who is Teledyne ISCO? Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed. We do research, design, development, and manufacturing all in one location.
Why Teledyne ISCO?
Full benefits package on your 1st day of employment
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
10.5 Paid Holidays
401k with Company Match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Company provided Life Insurance
Monthly recognition programs
Family friendly atmosphere
Opportunities for growth and advancement
Develop and implement activities in Engineering to meet goals, quality and cost objectives. Creating project plans that will help the organization meet the goals required for new products or designs. Selects, develops and leads personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the engineering function and develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Prioritizes schedules based on multiple factors and customer requirements. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines critical methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel. Tasks and assignments tend to be highly complex, non-routine and/or require a greater level of expertise. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Duties are performed under very limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
· Works with management and other departments to discuss project specifications and procedures.
· Manage engineering resources to ensure all present and future products and services are of high quality.
· Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies by providing leadership to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals to ensure production goals are met within organization goals of budget, time requirements and high level of quality.
· Generally supervises lower level supervisors and/or professional staff and may supervise semi-skilled nonexempt employees which include some or all of the following: assemblers, technicians, machinists, welders, operators and clerical support, providing guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
· Ensure that departments within the organization reach goals within budget and a high level of quality.
· Interacts with subordinates and/or functional peer groups regarding exchange or presentation of information.
· Determines work schedules and overtime (if applicable) and allocation of resources and equipment. Resolves problems as they occur.
· Pursues new ways to improve the efficiency of production. Develops, plans and administers procedures. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Coordinates, develops and implements standard operating procedures for functional area.
· Manages the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
· Confers with department supervisors or leads to determine status of assigned projects.
· Prepares reports.
· Identifies obstacles to achieving business goals and provides solutions or seeks assistance.
· Ensures the working environment is clean, organized and safe for employees at all times. Understands and ensures staff complies with all safety and environmental policies and practices.
· Works to avoid erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results that may cause scrap, rework, use of excessive overtime, and/or delays in schedules.
· Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations.
· Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project/schedules.
· Establishes operational objectives and assignments to subordinate managers. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation and are involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have companywide effect.
· Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
· May be tasked to change the thinking, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
· Manages the activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods and employees.
· Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 10-15 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret various business documents, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to prepare and effectively present information and response to questions before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP Software.
Other Essential Duties
· Follows all import/export requirements, consulting with facility import/export personnel as required.
· Design, execute, utilize and maintain Software and Electrical Engineering applications (Git / Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, SPICE, etc.)
· Develop, maintain and ensure compliance to functional department and product development design, verification, testing & safety standards, procedures / processes and best practices (including decision and problem analysis).
· Help translate business requirements into technical needs and actions.
· Define requirements and manage independent Software and Electrical contractors, consultants and outsourcing partners.
· Supervise training and development of department staff to ensure department meets or exceeds current and future business needs.
· Assign work to department personnel, manage, evaluate and report on their performance.
· Establish, monitor and report on department and project metrics to ensure they meet or exceed business needs / expectations (timing, budgets, etc.).
· Support recruiting engineering personnel, technical staff, project teams, contractors, consultants and outsourcing partners.
· Support preparation of Technology Roadmaps and provide practical input for strategic technology decisions.
· Provide technical support to both internal & external customers.
· Supervise department staff deliverables, ensuring high level of quality.
· Assess, develop, report on and ensure compliance to department and project budgets.