Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc., located 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading provider of custom power systems and gas generation solutions based on cutting edge fuel cell, electrolysis, thermoelectric, battery and other power system technologies and staffed with a group of highly talented professionals. As a supplier of products and engineering services for demanding land, sea and space applications (including the Mars Curiosity rover power system), we offer exciting opportunities for energetic, self-motivated individuals looking for challenging opportunities to start or grow their careers. We provide training and growth in both technical and program management tracks, and give our staff the opportunity to write papers, attend conferences and contribute to the extended technical community. We also have an excellent benefits package. Join our team and energize your future with a company on the move.
· Develop comprehensive work instructions and documentation package used by assembly personnel to manufacture primary and secondary batteries.
· Provide “hands on” process development, lean work area layouts, equipment procurement, tool design, and continuous improvement efforts as they relate to process enhancement and yield optimization.
· Prepare and present technical presentations to customers as it relates to product line issues.
· Assist assembly personnel with technique required to perform assembly operations and perform minor assembly equipment repair; some routine "hands-on" assembly work may be required
· B.S. in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Technology required.
· 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to interact with various departments and good verbal and written communication skills.
· Creative thinking, self-motivating, problem solving skills and a desire to remain current with emerging technologies required for position.
· Solid mechanical aptitude and proficient in the use of hand tools.
· Experience with developing process parameters on manufacturing equipment and basic machine shop skills highly desired