Who is Teledyne ISCO? Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed. We do research, design, development, and manufacturing all in one location.
Why Teledyne ISCO?
This Position is responsible for leadership in the area of EHS, providing a safe work environment for all employees and ensuring site compliance with all gov’t environmental and safety regulations for the following Teledyne sites; Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE, Bozeman, MT, and State College, PA. The position will be based out of Lincoln, NE.
Also, this position, is also responsible for the overall maintenance of the assigned facilities including include the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant equipment, machinery, and facilities and grounds maintenance function.
This Position must have excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver effective communications, presentations, reporting to employees, management and external agencies, negotiate successfully, and positively influence site personnel in support of strong plant safety and security programs.
This Positon performs the following duties personally or through delegation. All these duties and responsibilities are performed in a personal and management style consistent with the operating principles of the business.
1. Responsible for plant safety and security programs and keeps informed and in compliance with Teledyne Technologies Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to safety, health and environmental issues (e.g., OHSA, EPA, DOT, DOL, NDEQ.)
a. Ensures compliance relating to air and water pollution, waste disposal and chemical releases within the Company by obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating data in order to accurately assess potential air, water, or land pollution sources. Must also monitor facility discharges, emissions, and hazardous waste disposal for compliance.
b. Responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and working with department supervision in the development and execution of measures to assure personnel safety. May exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe action when immediate action is required.
c. Ensures the site Environmental Health and Safety Management Plan is prepared and implemented. Conducts EHS internal audits and drills as appropriate (e.g., fire, tornado).
d. Reviews and analyzes near misses, injury and incident reports and data and develops injury and incident strategies for corrective and preventive actions.
e. Responsible for achieving the objectives and activities of the site safety committee and first responder team.
f. Responsible for meeting regulatory training requirements as determined by site or business leadership.
2. Plans, coordinates and manages site-wide maintenance activities to ensure the long-term viability of the site facility including the maintenance of company grounds.
3. Responsible for the establishment, operation and continuous improvement of an effective preventative maintenance program which encompasses all plant facilities and equipment and results in being well maintained and capable of meeting the requirements of the plant at all times. This includes the stocking of adequate supplies and repair items for the maintenance of the equipment and to minimize down times.
4. Monitors equipment performance and implements reliability improvements to deliver the productivity and budget requirements of the shift operations. Develops, monitors, and reports performance metrics that support continual process improvement.
5. Working with Management, develops, coordinate and/or facilitates training materials and programs as appropriate to meet the objectives of the company as per the scope of this position.
6. Responsible for plant construction and services, and the supervision of actual installation, including outside contractors. Also, responsible for the economical operation of heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems and other utilities.
7. Under the direction of direct supervisor, communicates with government agencies and service as a company representative in case of inquiries, surveys, or audits to correct deficiencies and to minimize citations and fines for noncompliance.
8. Maintains accurate maintenance and safety records and files.
9. Directs employees and outside contractors to meet scheduled commitments and that is sensitive to, responsive to and delivers on the priorities of facility and customer needs. Manages contractors to seamlessly support the operation business shifts.
10. Acts as an advocate in related to the Company’s objective of all employees are responsible corporate citizen by ensuring that all operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal, and international regulations and laws governing business operations.
11. Assists in the achievement of the business’s overall goals by performing other related duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A bachelor’s degree in related field, plus a minimum of five (5) years of related experience and/or training in EHS and facilities maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations as they pertain to the scope of this position. Experience in LEAN/Continuous Improvement methods and techniques is desired. Must have experience in the management of multiple projects in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
MANAGEMENT ABILITIES: Must possess a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage associates to achieve high levels of performance. Must be able to plan for and manage change. Must exhibit evidence of ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, and subordinates, and a demonstrated ability as an effective leader and manager, including experience in training, developing, coaching, and counseling.
INTERPERSONAL and COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to articulate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing; to listen accurately; and to establish personal rapport with people from a variety of backgrounds and at a range of organizational levels.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries and communications regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and entities and individuals from outside entities including gov’t representatives.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as probabilities and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportion to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Frequent lifting and /or moving up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Requires occasional stooping, standing, reading, walking, pushing, pulling, fingering and grasping. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
TRAVEL: Travel is required to additional sites.