Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. (TBE), located in Huntsville, AL is part of the Teledyne Technologies family of high technology companies. TBE provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, defense, energy and environment markets. TBE is an industry leader in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, and advanced manufacturing.
TBE is developing an advanced high speed/hypersonic (HS/H) Hot Air Tunnel (HAT) which will have the ability to maintain high quality flow characteristics and significantly advance the state of the art over current facilities, and TBE is completing the second Launch Vehicle/Stages Adapter (LVSA) unit, which will be a part of the evolvable NASA Space Launch System Program configuration for the Spacecraft and Payload Integration Element office. TBE is seeking a Quality Engineer, responsible ensuring engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the criteria of the right tools, materials and processes. An important part of the job involves coordinating the proper design and build of HAT and LVSA in accordance with the company's quality standards and testing processes against those criteria.
The candidate would work within the project teams to ensure the overall quality of a manufactured product and is tasked with creating documentation, devising quality tests and defining the criteria a test result should meet. The candidate would play a key role in fixing issues when they arise, and ensures that final products are safe and meet customer expectations while keeping the manufacturing process as effective and cost-efficient as possible.
Education and Experience
• B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (advanced degree preferred), from an ABET accredited program. Other Engineering or technical degrees will also be considered.
• Ten (10) years of experience in the application of related quality engineering is required. (Fewer years of experience will be considered along with an advanced degree.)
• Experience with highly technical aerospace environments is required.
• Experience with a Quality Management System (QMS) is required.
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement efforts is required.
• Experience with aerospace projects such as wind tunnels and/or space flight hardware, is highly desirable.
• An ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is highly desirable.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
Active SECRET Clearance is preferred. Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required.