Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Teledyne Brown is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Having wide ranging experience, uses professional level concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines critical methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
• Designs products or systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
• May plan and direct other engineers in fabrication of equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
• Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
• Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
• Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may provide technical leadership to lower level engineers including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with applicable regulations and laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems.
Active secret security clearance is required
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with Navy special operations submersibles is a plus.