Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Provides technical and applications support to customers and product managers. Develops analysis methods and conducts sample analysis to support product development, sales and marketing. Apply knowledge of instrumentation and chemical principles for analysis of customer samples. Responsible for customer support with regards to products and the proper operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Lead role in the development, writing and presentation of applications that are deemed necessary to support sales/marketing efforts of the product lines.
• Provide technical and applications support (phone and e-mail) to current and prospective customers, channel partners, and service/technical support.
• Perform instrument demonstrations for prospective customers and assist with method devlopment if needed.
• Operate and maintain the demo units for all product lines.
• Maintain samples, standards, and chemical reagent inventory consistent with applicable safety precautions.
• Assist in providing in house training for the sales team and channel partners worldwide.
• Operate and maintain the ICP-OES and ICP-MS instruments and any other relevant equipment according to GLP laboratory protocols.
• Assist the R&D group and the product managers in any testing of new products.
• Attend manufacturer training courses for any new ICP-OES or ICP-MS Instrument acquired.
• May be requested to assist in installation of equipment at customer site if service is unavailable.
• Give product presentations at seminars, conferences, and tradeshows.
• Other duties as required.
Must be willinig to travel up tp 25% of the time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Atomic spectroscopy (AA, ICP-OES, ICP-MS)
• Good organizational skills
• Sound judgment and interpersonal skills
• At least 3 years experience in Laboratory instrumentation
• B.S. degree in Chemistry or related field