Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
TBE is developing an advanced high speed/hypersonic (HS/H) Hot Air Tunnel (HAT) which will have the ability to maintain high quality flow characteristics and significantly advance the state of the art over current facilities. TBE is seeking a M&S Engineer to be a key member of the Program M&S IPT.
Examples of tasks that will be performed by the M&S Engineer are as follows: benchmarling existing empirical data from similar laboratories within unified M&S envionment, provide advice and insight into specifications for taking measurement data to calibrate simulations of hypersonic flow fields, temperatures, and pressures; developing new and/or modified HAT system simulations to be used for design trades, and participating in the development of new models of chemical reactions which occur within the chamber.
Education and Experience
• B.S. in EE , ME, or Ch.E. Other Engineering or technical degrees will also be considered.
• Seven (7) years of experience in the development and V&V of M&S
• Experience with inflow boundary condition generation methods desireable
• Experience/expertise in Computational Fluid Dynamics, particulatily LES methods, is highly desireable
• Experience using the simulation modeling language OpenModelica is highly desired.
• Experience/expertise in dynamic system simulations of fluid flow is required.
Active SECRET Clearance is preferred. Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required.