Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
Teledyne Brown Engineering is seeking a motivated, articulate, Aerospace professional to serve as the LVSA Subject Matter Expert (Liaison) at KSC in order to coordinate and control L-6 pre-launch through post-launch activities in accordance with policies, procedures, and guidelines. The LVSA Liaison will possess the initiative to work autonomously and communicate effectively with TBE Program Management in Huntsville Alabama.
Work Location: Primarily at KSC, Florida with occasional travel to Huntsville, Alabama.
• Establish communication channels and associations with key KSC personnel who will provide access, maintenance, and security for LVSA at KSC.
• Represent TBE at meetings and provide meeting minutes back to TBE leadership.
• Attend and participate in lifting and stacking meetings and become knowledgeable about the process and requirements at KSC.
• Assist in Drafting “rules of engagement” for any post DD250 activities that warrant TBE involvement.
• Develop a monitoring and reporting method for LVSA cleanliness/health, maintenance, and surveillance.
• Develop and update check list for routine inspections on LVSA.
• Coordinate incident reports and investigations with Exploration Ground Systems (EGS).
• Initiate and participate in repair projects
• Provide On-site support for post repair evaluations
• Understand and Coordinate for physical storage of Kits/Loose Items, once delivered to KSC.
• Maintain additional ancillary equipment and supplies (i.e. things that will be needed, but not necessarily a part of the Loose Items Kit).
• Observe and monitor activities and events at KSC that influence LVSA and report to leadership.
• Become involved with any and all Certificate of Flight Readiness (CoFR) activities and understand processes.
• Become familiar with TBE QA processes and documentation.
• Represent TBE on nonconformance issues and MRB’s.
• This position will require administrative, technical writing, and coordination directly with customers, occasional support during nights and weekends will be needed.
• Supervisory Work Experience in NASA or DoD Aerospace field 10+ Years, required.
• US citizen capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Bachelors in a technical discipline, from an Accredited Institution required.
• Excellence in business communications, manners and appearance on behalf of TBE, for customer and coworker communications, required.
• Experience working independently and on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), required.
• 15% Travel Required - travel up to 15% to other customer and vendor locations in the USA.
• Experience in working with vendors who support NASA, preferred.
• NASA Space flight hardware experience, preferred.
• Work experience in and around Kennedy Space Center, preferred.
• Hands on experience in developing or producing Space Vehicle flight hardware, preferred.
This position is on-site with the customer at Kennedy Space Center in Central Florida. Attendance at meetings and other training may be required at Huntsville, Alabama offices.