Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance.
Teledyne Brown is seeking a Mechanical Engineer Team Lead to join our team with fifteen (15) plus years of experience. Position is responsible for all aspects related to mechanical design, team hiring and team development. This position will be responsible for hiring, training, leading, growing and mentoring a team for a wind tunnel laboratory on Redstone Arsenal. The appropriate candidate will have a grasp of the tools and resources required for working with requirements and is expected to make recommendations on the appropriate tools and personnel required for the effort.
Hands on experience with high pressure systems is beneficial, as is experience working on very large assemblies involving the design of very complex mechanical packages. It is envisioned that the drawing package would correlate to the complexity found in an oil and gas refinery or other complex manufacturing facilities with a large quantity of pipes, tanks, plumbing, valves and metering devices.
• Works with the project team to monitor and ensure adherence to process and schedules
• Responsible for team leadership for a team of mechanical engineers and draftsman
• Ability to interface with other engineering disciplines on the team
• Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specifications
• Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment
• Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software
• Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
• Plan and direct other engineers in fabrication of equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.