Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance.
The POI Stowage Engineer serves as the real-time expert on all NASA inventory items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Provides daily list of parts, tools, materials needed to perform science activities on the International Space Station.
• Coordinates with NASA control centers, International Partners, and NASA Payload Developers; POI Stowage ensures hardware is tracked from launch to landing.
• POI Stowage Team supports real-time operations five days a week, twenty-four hours per day; in addition, back room teams support five days a week, eight hours per day.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Design - Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reasoning to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 2-6 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data or process information.
Other Essential Duties
• Follows all import/export requirements, consulting with facility import/export personnel as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
• Knowledge of specific software (design, analysis, ERP…)