Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance
The Electrical Engineer will designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Determines design approaches and parameters. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. May also review vendor capability to support product development. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for hardware systems
• Develops test strategies, devices, and systems
• Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects
• Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results
• Performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Prepares and studies technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, to ensure conformity to standards and customer requirements
• Generates architecture for functional components and assists with product architecture
• Delivers hardware designs through prototype, beta, and production release in compliance with product development process and quality practices
• Supports existing products by troubleshooting and failure analysis
• Participates in technical design reviews of existing designs and peer reviews
• Briefs others on deliverables, status and progress
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
• Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect;
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 2-5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of applicable database and ERP software; MS Office including PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Excel, MS Project, and Word applications.
Other Essential Duties
• Follows all import/export requirements, consulting with facility import/export personnel as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
• Knowledge of specific software (design, analysis, ERP…)
• Active Government Security Clearance
• US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance.
• Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately 10 %.