- Assist in the preparation of full quarterly and year end worldwide tax provisions, including obtaining key data inputs from Teledyne business units.
- Assist in the analysis of the activities in the tax accounts to ensure accuracy and that the transactions have been classified correctly and assist in the annual tax payable proof and rollover. Assist in the integration of acquired companies in Corptax for tax provisions and tax compliance.
- Assist in SOX testing of tax department controls with respect to income tax accounts.
- Assist with US Federal and State and Local Income Tax filings.
- Assist in the collection, retention and analysis of tax attributes for planning and audits.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Some overtime during peak periods.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may provide technical leadership including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with applicable regulations and laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems. This may also include coordinating the efforts of others to ensure that established deadlines are met.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions;
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.