Teledyne CETAC is a worldwide leader in sample introduction and sample handling equipment for elemental analysis. We provide a comprehensive range of product based solutions for the analysis of elements in samples ranging from drinking water and high purity acids to radioactive waste.
Summary: Provide technical support, in-house and on-site training for customers, field service, sales representative and OEMs for all CETAC Products, primarily, and Leeman ICP, secondarily. Provide feedback on engineering and PRE-manufacturing of products. Service customers (internal and external) with service activities, including service estimates, troubleshooting, service orders, project sales orders, scheduling information, depot repair.
Travel estimated at 25-50%.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer service-related questions using troubleshooting methods derived from experience and knowledge of CETAC & Leeman Product. (this may include International tech support at times)
• Must be able to work independently, lift 35-55lbs if needed.
• Creates and edits user manuals, checklists, troubleshooting guides, training material, etc.
• Initiate and/or process return authorization for incorrect or defective material ordered, shipped or received.
• Furnish customers with written quotation on parts/service
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding delivery literature requests, etc. ensuring customer satisfaction
• Verify shipping and billing information or purchase orders.
• Responsible for achieving technical supports quality and productivity measurements
• Promote, sell and support service products
• Ability to effectively interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, videos, and documents for new system startup, certifications, and systems maintenance.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Occasionally, schedule and complete installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance at customer site on Cetac/Leeman equipment including Automation, Liquid Sampling, and ICP products.
• Experience with multiple ICP-OES/MS vendors and SW such as Qtegra, MassHunter and Syngistix.
• Ability to travel
• Uses and maintains manufacturing and test equipment.
• Participate actively in the quality process including [project team involvement, problem solving, corrective and preventative actions and recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
• Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Chemistry emphasis preferred); or two to three years related laboratory experience and technical knowledge with Automation/Liquid sampling equipment, and/or ICP-OES/MS systems and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hand and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35-55 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; explosives and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.