Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
The entry-level Software Developer is responsible for analyzing, modifying, writing, testing, and implementing software programming for uses in data acquisition, analysis, reporting or system demonstration relating to imaging sensors. Produces software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Writes software code and completes programming for graphical user interfaces, and may write firmware for embedded processes as required
· Performs design, analysis and verification testing of a functional component (e.g. software module, embedded software module) for new product design
· Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, debugging, and certification of software
· Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
· May perform systems modeling, simulation and analysis
· May advise hardware designers regarding machine characteristics that may affect software systems
· May act as a technical reviewer of existing designs and provides input for documentation of new or existing programs; integrates software with existing systems
· May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
· Supports, maintains and documents software functionality; documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Proposes concepts for improvements to existing techniques
· Participates in continual improvement by evaluating and identifing new technologies for implementation; improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
· May prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
· Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
· Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Briefs others on deliverables, status and progress
· Provides application support to other departments and personnel as needed
· Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 1-5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year