Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Teledyne Imaging Sensors is looking for a Thin Film Optics Maintenance Technican to provide maintenance to Teledyne Imaging Sensors’ highly complex Thin Film Optics Production program to ensure project completion is on schedule and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform scheduled and non-scheduled production equipment maintenance
• Diagnose and trouble shoot problems to keep equipment in operational status
• Develop, maintain and execute equipment preventive maintenance plan schedules.
• Determine critical spare parts required to ensure continuous production and maintain inventory of spare parts
• Interface with system, sub system, and component suppliers to diagnose equipment problems.
• Understand the main components and sub components of equipment tools
• Diagnose electronic failures at the component level using electronic schematic diagrams
• Specify replacement equipment.
• Support Engineering in the evaluation and testing of new processes.
• Minimize equipment downtime.
• Develop and track equipment maintenance performance metrics.
• Report equipment issues to management; recommend corrective action to improve equipment uptime.
• Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, solvents or toxic chemicals. Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
Education and/or Experience
· Associate’s Degree preferred
· Experience in maintaining electronic and mechanical equipment in a production environment
· Experience maintaining high-vacuum equipment essential, preferably with optical thin film deposition systems or semiconductor fabrication equipment.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Person.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year